Call for Volunteers, 2015 AGM Minutes and 2016 AGM Agenda included.
Call for Volunteers - PECMHA Executive
Dear PECMHA Members
PECMHA is a 100% volunteer-driven community group that supports and provides governance to the approximate 350 boys and girls who play minor hockey in our community. It is a working Executive. Volunteer-driven organizations rely upon the generosity of time to make the organization what it is. Whether you Coach, Assistant Coach, Manage, work as a Trainer, open a gate for a Timbit team, go on the ice to help with Initiation, these are the people that make PECMHA what it is. Lots of people have strong opinions about what it takes to make an organization. Getting involved in the Executive is one way to make it happen. Bring your energy, your pragmatism, your optimism. The Executive needs team players who are player and kid-centric.
The PECMHA Annual General Meeting will be Tuesday, May 17th @ 7:00pm at the Bloomfield United Church.
The following positions are open:
TWO YEAR POSITIONS
These positions are up for Election in 2016
- A volunteer with exceptional dedication to all levels of hockey and your community. You are the ultimate spokesperson, somebody with diplomacy skills, strong oral and written communication skills, consensus building ability and who has time to dedicate to the kids of the community. The President is the defacto CEO of PECMHA. The President motivates and co-ordinates the rest of the Executive to allow the organization to run smoothly. Constitution limits this position to a member who has served on the Executive in the past or currently.
* OMHA Co-ordinator
- Working closely with most other Exec positions, plus externally with OMHA Regional Exec Member and the organizations of the EOMHL and beyond. Must be able to communicate electronically with ease and be easily accessible during the season. You are the conduit for all things OMHA - inbound and outbound. Busiest times are pre-season, pre-playoff and during playoffs.
- The Registrar is the point of contact for many of the members of the organization. The Registrar also is the Association webmaster. The position involves a high degree of computer skills; good communications skills and problem solving skills. The role does not need to be done during business hours, but there are busy seasons at the end of August and when OMHA Rosters need to be submitted and formed. The Registrar works closely with the Treasurer.
* Senior House League Co-ordinator
- The SHLC works with coaches, referees and teams to make sure the Atom to Midget runs smoothly. Mediates disputes and works to maximize the interests of the HL/Local League program. Sits as an advocate for HL/Local League operations, alongside the Junior HLC. Involves having a presence around the rink while Senior HL/LL games are on, but not required to be there all the time. Responsible for Team Formation and ensuring balance among teams in the Senior Division.
* Equipment Manager
– The person responsible for keeping our players looking good. Advise on replacement schedule; maintenance of existing inventories; liaise with suppliers; ensure pucks, first aid kids and other development equipment is where it needs to be. This position is heavier at the beginning and end of the season. Looking at the Sweaters and a plan for replacement will be one of the keys in the 2016-2018 period.
* Director of Fundraising, Publicity, Awards and Banquets
– As the position title states there are a number of activities that are linked; but separate too. These are important functions that happen throughout the season. There are some special projects that PECMHA is trying to get off the ground.
PENDING CONSTIUTIONAL/BYLAW CHANGES
• Director of Rep Tournament/Tournaments
– For six years PECMHA has had a very successful Rep Tournament called MILK – successful as an event for our teams to play; but also as a major fundraiser for PECMHA. In 2015 it attracted more than 45 teams in eight divisions. It is recognized throughout Ontario as a Top BB/AE3 event and a must attend for many other BB/AE3 Centres. It is a big job and needs somebody with Tournament running experience; great organizational skills and an ability to see new revenue streams and capitalize on them under the banner of MILK. This position will also provide support to the Executive wrt the House League/Local League Tournament organization. This position will advise Executive on whether it should consider two (or more) separate events based on BB, AE3 or perhaps Novice to PW; Bantam and Midget.
ONE YEAR POSITIONS - COMPLETING TERM
These two positions are currently vacant. However, they are only one-year terms.
• House League Tournament Co-ordinator
– pending Constitutional/ByLaw changes this position may be eliminated in favour of a Director of Rep Tournament.
Time commitment varies with each position. The Executive meets once per month, occasionally more during the busy part of the season (Aug/Sept & Jan/Feb). Meetings are 90-120 minutes in length.
Are you interested? Please submit your name, and another member of the organization who is willing to nominate you (or if somebody is nominating somebody, make sure they have agreed and are willing) to the Secretary of the Board, Jefferson Gilbert @