The PECMHA is now accepting applications from individuals who are interested in coaching a PECMHA AE Rep Team for the 2016-2017 season.
The Coaching Selection Committee (CSC) of the PECMHA Executive is requesting Coaching Applications for AE (Additional Entry) teams be submitted no later than 6pm on September 11th. There are a number of factors that will play into whether PECMHA is in a position to offer AE Teams in the 2016-17 season. These factors include:
- Are there sufficient other EOMHL Additional Entry Teams to form a league. The deadline for this declaration is September 14th;
- The number of PECMHA players who attend BB Tryouts;
- The availability of quality coaching and team personnel.
You can submit your application for one of the following potential PECMHA AE teams:
- Atom AE
- Peewee AE
- Bantam AE
- Midget AE
The head coach selection process is an extremely crucial part of the responsibility of the PECMHA Executive committee. This decision impacts its players in their development, and their enjoyment of the game. It also impacts the families of these players, the community, and the image and reputation of the PECMHA. The PECMHA will ensure that its members get the best coaching available.
To that end, the PECMHA will have all coaching applications reviewed and vetted for qualifications and experience. Applicants can expect to be interviewed and have a recommendation made (by a Coaching Selection Committee), to the PECMHA regarding their application. The PECMHA Executive is the final authority for accepting Coaches for all PECMHA teams.
Coaches are required to meet and support the OMHA Code of Conduct, as well as the PECMHA By-Laws and operating policies/procedures. Persons interested in applying for a Coaching position should consider these before submitting their application.
- Please return the completed application by the following deadline:
· For AE teams – September 11th, 2016
- No additional information other than what is asked for in this application is necessary
- A weighting system for the application and the interview will be used:
i. 15% - application
ii. 85% - interview
2. Applications are to be submitted to Obie VanVlack by one of the following options:
3. Interviews for AE teams will take place Sept 12th-15th (dates/times will be communicated following the Sept 11th application deadline).
- Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.