The PECMHA Annual General Meeting will be at 7pm on Tuesday, May 16th at the Bloomfield United Church.
Dear PECMHA Members --
PECMHA is a 100% volunteer-driven community group that supports and provides governance to the approximate 350 boys and girls who play minor hockey in our community. It is a working Executive. Volunteer-driven organizations rely upon the generosity of time to make the organization what it is. Whether you Coach, Assistant Coach, Manage, work as a Trainer, open a gate for a TimBit team, go on the ice to help with Initiation, these are the people that make PECMHA what it is. Lots of people have strong opinions about what it takes to make an organization. Getting involved in the Executive is one way to make it happen. Bring your energy, your pragmatism, your optimism. The Executive needs team players who are player and kid-centric
The following positions are open:
TWO YEAR POSITIONS
These positions are up for Election in 2017
* Vice-President - The VP position is perhaps the biggest position in the Association. If you look to the By-Laws you will see that number of standing committees that the VP is on and in many cases Chairs. To name a few includes Coaching Selection Committee and Dispute Resolutions Committee. The Vice-President is fair, is available and wants to work for the betterment of the children and the families who play within PECMHA. The ideal candidate will be a good communicator; understand the Association from the past to the present, as well as have a view to the future. Most VP's are one-day President's of the Association.
* Treasurer - The PECMHA runs a multi-hundred of thousand dollar budget. The Treasurer is the keeper of the Finances. He or she will have Finance, Accounting or Bookkeeping experience, as well as the time necessary to devote to this detail oriented position. From paying timekeepers and referees to organizing who collects gate at Rep Games, this position is involved in all aspects of the organization. The Treasurer reports to the Executive and to the Membership the state of the organizations finances.
* Secretary - The Secretary works with the President and Treasurer to ensure the business of the organization is managed and chronicled for the membership. Whether it is 'Call the Meeting'; procedure at the AGM; or taking of the Minutes the Secretary fills that role. High level of computer literacy is needed; understanding of meeting procedure and strong written communications skills are required. The Secretary position is asked to understand and interpret the Constitution and the By-Laws for members and for the Executive.
* Registrar - The Registrar is the point of contact for many of the members of the organization. The Registrar also is the Association webmaster. The position involves a high degree of computer skills; good communications skills and problem solving skills. The role does not need to be done during business hours, but there are busy seasons at the end of August and when OMHA Rosters need to be submitted and formed. The Registrar works closely with the Treasurer.
* Ice Scheduler - Working with the County and all teams, and most other Executive Members. This is a big job and you had better be extremely organized, an excellent communicator and very, very detailed focussed. You are the organization's Chief Negotiator when it comes to ice allocation and somebody is always upset with you, but it is a critical function for an organization that has ICE as part of virtually every event.
* Junior House League Co-ordinator - The JHLC works with coaches, referees and teams to make sure the Initiation to Novice runs smoothly. Mediates disputes and works to maximize the interests of the HL program. Sits as an advocate for HL operations, alongside the Senior HLC. Involves having a presence around the rink on Saturday morning, but not required to be there all the time.
* Referee-in-Chief - Scheduling, evaluating, representing and balancing the issues of our officials is the key to the role. Recruiting new referees and working closely with the ice scheduler and the Treasurer is part of the challenges this post faces. Ideal candidates will have solid referee experience.
PENDING CONSTIUTIONAL/BYLAW CHANGES
Director of Rep Tournament/Tournaments – For seven years PECMHA has had a very successful Rep Tournament called MILK – successful as an event for our teams to play; but also as a major fundraiser for PECMHA. In 2016 it attracted more than 50 teams in eight divisions. It is recognized throughout Ontario as a Top BB/AE3 event and a must attend for many other BB/AE3 Centres. It is a big job and needs somebody with Tournament running experience; great organizational skills and an ability to see new revenue streams and capitalize on them under the banner of MILK. This position will also provide support to the Executive wrt the House League/Local League Tournament organization. This position will advise Executive on whether it should consider two (or more) separate events based on BB, AE3 or perhaps Novice to PW; Bantam and Midget.
Time commitment. Varies with each position. Visit www.pecmha.comand click on CONSTITUTION AND BY-LAWS to read about the roles the Executive Members play. The Executive meets once per month, occasionally more during the busy part of the season (Aug/September & Jan/February). Meetings are 90-120 minutes in length.
Are you interested? Please submit your name, and another member of the organization who is willing to nominate you (or if somebody is nominating somebody, make sure they have agreed and are willing) to the Secretary of the Board, Jefferson Gilbert @