The following are open positions for election at the upcoming AGM. Agenda and 2017 minutes added.
The PECMHA is a 100% volunteer-driven community group that supports and provides leadership to the approximate 300 boys and girls who play minor hockey in our community. It's a working Executive. Volunteer-driven organizations rely upon the generosity of time to make the organization what it is. Whether you Coach, Assistant Coach, Manage, work as a Trainer, open a gate for a Timbit team, these are the people that make PECMHA what it is. Lots of people have strong opinions about what it takes to make an organization. Getting involved in the Executive is one way to make it happen. Bring your energy, optimism and fresh ideas, as the Executive needs team players who are player and kid-centric.
These positions are up for Election in 2018 at the AGM (May 8th, 7:00pm @ Bloomfield United Church Hall)
TWO YEAR POSITIONS
* President - A volunteer with exceptional dedication to all levels of hockey and your community. You are the ultimate spokesperson, somebody with diplomacy skills, strong oral and written communication skills, consensus building ability and who has time to dedicate to the kids of the community. The President is the defacto CEO of PECMHA. The President motivates and co-ordinates the rest of the Executive to allow the organization to run smoothly. Constitution limits this position to a member who has served on the Executive in the past or currently.
* OMHA Co-ordinator - Working closely with most other Exec positions, plus externally with OMHA Regional Exec Member and the organizations of the EOMHL and beyond. Must be able to communicate electronically with ease and be easily accessible during the season. You are the conduit for all things OMHA - inbound and outbound. Busiest times are pre-season, pre-playoff and during playoffs.
* Registrar- The Registrar is the point of contact for many of the members of the organization. The Registrar also is the Association webmaster. The position involves a high degree of computer skills; good communications skills and problem solving skills. The role does not need to be done during business hours, but there are busy seasons at the end of August and when OMHA Rosters need to be submitted and formed. The Registrar works closely with the Treasurer.
* Senior House League Co-ordinator - The SHLC works with coaches, referees and teams to make sure the Atom to Midget runs smoothly. Mediates disputes and works to maximize the interests of the HL/Local League program. Sits as an advocate for HL/Local League operations, alongside the Junior HLC. Involves having a presence around the rink while Senior HL/LL games are on, but not required to be there all the time. Responsible for Team Formation and ensuring balance among teams in the Senior Division.
* Equipment Manager– The person responsible for keeping our players looking good. Advise on replacement schedule; maintenance of existing inventories; liaise with suppliers; ensure pucks, first aid kids and other development equipment is where it needs to be. This position is heavier at the beginning and end of the season. Looking at the Sweaters and a plan for replacement will be one of the keys in the 2016-2018 period.
* Director of Fundraising, Publicity, Awards and Banquets– As the position title states there are a number of activities that are linked; but separate too. These are important functions that happen throughout the season. There are some special projects that PECMHA is trying to get off the ground.
One item that needs to be stressed is that without an Executive, minor hockey in Prince Edward County can't operate. Many members in the current Executive are parents of Midget aged players. The PECMHA needs an infusion of volunteers from younger age groups that will "carry the torch" for years to come. Please reach out to a current Executive member if you have any questions regarding positions.
If interested or know someone that would like to join our team, please contact Jefferson Gilbert ([email protected])