The following are open positions for election at the upcoming PECMHA Annual General Meeting.
The PECMHA is a 100% volunteer-driven community group that supports and provides leadership to the approximate 300 boys and girls who play minor hockey in our community. It's a working Executive. Volunteer-driven organizations rely upon the generosity of time to make the organization what it is. Whether you Coach, Assistant Coach, Manage, work as a Trainer, open a gate for a Timbit team, these are the people that make PECMHA what it is. Lots of people have strong opinions about what it takes to make an organization. Getting involved in the Executive is one way to make it happen. Bring your energy, optimism and fresh ideas, as the Executive needs team players who are player and kid-centric.
These positions are up for Election in 2019 at the AGM (May 7th, 7:00pm @ Bloomfield United Church Hall)
TWO YEAR POSITIONS
* Vice President - A volunteer with exceptional dedication to all levels of hockey and your community. The Vice President has the power to act for the President during their absence. Is the Chair of many of the standing committees including but not limited to: Representative Coaching Selection, Dispute resolution Committee, Constitution and Bylaw review Committees. Will represent PECMHA on the Arena Committee Board.
* Ice Scheduler - Working closely with most other Exec positions, the Ice Scheduler is the liaison between the association and the County of Prince Edward. Is responsible for the usage and designation of all Association ice time required for try-outs, practices, regular season play, exhibition and playdown games for all House League and Representative Teams. Participates in League scheduling meetings for ICHL and EOMHL. Maintains records of all ice time booked, sold and cancelled/returned to the County of Prince Edward during the season. Responsible for arranging timekeepers for all games. May be required, with the OMHA Contact, to set up OMHA and league Playdown contracts.
* Treasurer - The Treasurer for the association prepares the annual operating budget with the input from the Executive committee. Ensures all bills of the organization are paid for in a timely manner; records all payments made and receipts received. Manages the PECMA financial accounts making deposts of cash or cheques received. Periodically will do spot audits of team accounts ensuring integrity of accounting for funds gained or funds used by those teams. The Treasurer works closely with the Registrar.
* Referee-in-chief - The Referee-in-chief for the organization has a great knowledge of how referees are assigned, the rules dictating game play based on the OMHA. Will appoint qualified referees to all OMHA and Local League games during the season. Will work with the Treasurer and advise of the cost of referee services. Is responsible for the recruitment and development of Association referees.
* Tournament Coordinator – The PECMHA Tournament coordinator is responsible for the coordination and organization that goes towards the running of all PECMHA Tournaments and Jamborees. PECMHA has gained a great reputation surrounding the quality of the tournaments we run. Specifically the MILK Representative tournament. The tournament coordinator will work hard to continue with this legacy in running a first class Tournament and will help to develop with the Executive Committee additional hockey play based events.
* Secretary – The association secretary keeps records of all minutes of the association meetings and posts public minutes to the PECMHA Website. The secretary is also the chief correspondent of and for the association and maintains all association correspondence.
Full Position Descriptions can be found starting on Page 20 of the PECMHA Bylaws:
One item that needs to be stressed is that without an Executive, minor hockey in Prince Edward County can't operate. Please reach out to a current Executive member if you have any questions regarding positions.
If interested or know someone that would like to join our team, please contact Steve Payne ([email protected]